Friday, April 29, 2016

Espresso Soap





     Hi y'all! I recently made my first soap with the water portion being replaced entirely with coffee and I am happy with how it turned out. I will say that the FO smelled like coffee out of the bottle but in the fresh soap it had heavy chocolate notes to it which luckily disappeared after it finished curing.

 


     I used Bramble Berry's Espresso fragrance oil, which because it turns brown in soap I did not use it in the cream portion. To get the cream to be lighter I used titanium dioxide mixed with milk and for the brown portion to get it darker I added a bit of brown oxide. Also in the brown I added coffee grounds*. 

*Tip of the day use used coffee grounds in order not to get a halo effect around them in the finished bar.




       



Thanks for stopping by and happy Soaping!
                                                              ~Anna Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...